Sunday, April 15

Tundy bobundy yo-yo so sundy











I love my dog.
They say if your dog is fat, you're not getting enough exercise.
Every morning when I wake up I know that it's time to get out of the house with her whether it's 8 am and 30 degrees or 8 am and pouring. It's really the best motivator to get going. I can't call her and cancel or cop out with a text message. She needs to do her bee's wax outside and I know it! So despite the tiredness sometimes, I love her for dragging me outdoors every morning. I might be holding the leash, but really, she's taking me to the park.

Kaohsiung city can be pretty grey if you don't frequent the parks or get out of the city over the weekends. It's quite convenient actually, we jump on my scooter and after a five minute ride, she's free to chase birds and even go for a swim at the little lake by the art museum. This morning when James and I were walking next to the lake, we heard a sound just like a big rock plunging into the water. Dead weight being dropped from the top. No splashiness from legs kicking, just a drop. Thandi surfaced after a second, scrambled out of the lake and started tearing around the place like mad thing.

Thandi (Tundy) has had some short lived but fun times with friends here at home. We fostered Edie, a very sick puppy that healed beautifully. She still has her lopsided bum that messes with her sitting posture, but she's been adopted by my good friend Casey. Edie's been frolicking about in my friend Casey's front yard for almost a year now and she's a stunning dog. A lucky one to have found a home in Taiwan with a front yard! She's the brown and black cutie on James' shoulder.

Selah was the second buddy that a friend of mine, Maureen, rescued out of the Love River canal near our home. She was a fiesty chihuahua kind of pooch with a huge personality. Shortly after Selah's adoption into a very loving home, we found Harry. Dirty Harry has featured on my blog before and he spent his golden years as a retired street dog with us. Thandi somehow knew not to mess with him too much and she was especially understanding during his last couple of days. Dogs just know, y' know?
So since it's probably time to celebrate her birthday, I've decided to post some pics of Bobundy. All our friends know that she lavishes attention on any toes that happen to come her way (especially James') and that her minky-soft coat is her secret weapon in her never ending quest to get attention. She's a beautiful, gentle dog with a playful streak and loves her raw hide bone (or her "beentjie"/ binky) almost as much as we love her. Here are some pics from her puppy days to the present.

No comments: