
Happy birthday bokkie!
Today, one year ago, we were on a Malaysia Air flight to South Africa for the wedding. I can't believe time has flown this quickly!It has been a very packed year and I think both of us were on a very steep learning curve. Our hardest times were in the first six months and after 9 months things really became easier.
I am very thankful to be married to James. We have grown together so much, especially by reading the Bible together and I'm quite certain that if it wasn't for that, we would have fallen out of the bus completely. There were times when I had to read a certain chapter out of Leviticus out loud, unable to skip anything - because James would know immediately that I was cheating - that I got so impatient I wanted to scream. Then, suddenly, the worth of sitting there with him, reading aloud the Word of God would hit me like a ton of bricks and my moody, selfish desire to shut the Book and check my e-mail would disappear. I'd get up afterward feeling joyful and prepared for the day ahead of me and know that 30 minutes ago that was impossible.
Nothing beats reading the Bible - especially together.
2 Timothy 3:15-17
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
No comments:
Post a Comment